First of all, let me start by saying I know everyone has to start somewhere, I did, and some of my beginning experience were similar to what I explain below. So to say what I’m about to say there has to be a good reason, so let me explain…
- Your home is the single most expensive investment in your life/portfolio. I know some for some of you thinking of your house in your “portfolio” is strange but that’s exactly what it is. It is an asset that should be growing in value over time. When you think of going to a financial planner would you go to someone that has just begun? Or would you want to go to someone who has years of experience? Now, taking the thought of everyone has to begin somewhere I do believe that it is OK to work with someone who is new that is being mentored by someone that has been in the business for years (I do this with agents and love it!!) As a new agent to be able to stand in your truth & say to a client (new or not) that I am newer in this business but I work with a team/mentor (whatever that set up looks like) that has been in the business for over 20 years & $970 Million in closed transactions (these are my stats, so all will be different) who will work alongside us this whole way. This not only will give the client the peace of mind they should be looking for but the extra level of trust in the newer agent, that they have done the absolute best thing for you as the client and asked for help in learning this business. For you this allows you to ask the deep questions you want to know in making an investment that you want to appreciate over time.
- As an agent that has been working in this business or over 20 years, I have great relationships with other agents. I know who to call and what to do to find homes for buyers if I can’t find them what they are looking for in MLS. And for sellers, I know how to push your home to those other agents that are likely working with buyers in your neighborhood.
- Having a respected relationship with other agents, as mentioned above is a much bigger advantage to you as either a buyer or seller than you realize. As a professional who “plays nice with other agents” I know that they would like to do business with me again, they have come right out and said it! What does this mean to the agent and their client, they are not going to get the run around by me & they will always have communication (this is a completely different topic and it’s HUGE!!!). What does this mean for my clients? They will be taken seriously when it comes to their offer.
- Knowing who to call for what… I have any and every vendor you could ever want or need. When it comes down to the inspections and/or repairs this is a stressful time and not knowing who to call to get things done in a timely manner is hard. When my clients run into this, I send them a list of anyone and everyone to call to get things done. I often hear afterward that they have compared pricing with other vendors too and mine are always lower & do great work J this is never a bad thing.
- Buying and selling Real Estate is as stressful as a Death or Divorce. I have experienced death, luckily I have not experienced divorce however I have seen other go through both as well as witnessing 100’s of real estate transactions and I can say with absolute certainty that this is the truth, it is REALLY stressful. This is again where I go back to having someone that has been through a thing or 2 and can help alleviate the stress of the real estate transaction. This may seem trivial to you right now but trust me when I tell you that it is NOT! To be able to call someone and get answers about what is going on, or what do you do now, have a strategy that you have discussed prior to and reminds you of what the end goal is, to have a trusted advisor to guide you along to get you where you want to be & gives you the confidence to sleep at night, huge.
Some of this might seem dramatic but trust me when I say that I can only write about what I know and I know all of this is true because I have experienced all of it and heard it from my clients over time.
If you are thinking about buying or selling your home or know someone who is, send them my way. It would be an honor to work with them & I will take great care of them through the whole process.